Day 1 of Microsoft Connect 2017 was today. What a slew of announcements and new products/services! Here is my top 3:
- Visual Studio Live Share
Don’t tell me, show me!
- Share the current state of your code and debugger with someone else, next to you or across the world.
- It’s for both Visual Studio 2017 and Visual Studio Code.
- SQL Server Operations Studio (preview)
Open source, cross-platform tool for developing and managing SQL Server.
- Support for source control (sorely lacking from SSMS without some special magic).
- No installation required. Just extract and run.
- Does not support Azure AD authentication (yet, I assume).
- C# 7.2 Span type
Safely access subsets of contiguous memory allocated for .NET objects, such as arrays or strings.
- It’s much faster than create subsets by copying (especially in the case of strings, I expect).
- Span<T> is not allowed on the heap, but there is Memory<T> which can help solve that issue.
What announcements are you excited about?