As announced before, I will be speaking once again at the annual Atlanta SQL Saturday. The Atlanta MDF is a great group and they put on an excellent event each year. Note: this year, the venue has changed for the first time in as long as I can recall. Be sure to check the location: Gwinnett Technical College!
I will be delivering my talk on 12 things you need to know about Azure SQL DB. They are very operations-oriented items meant for production DBAs. If you already have some experience with Azure SQL DB, this session will surely inform you of a few items that are very important when managing data with Azure SQL DB.
The 12 things, in order of the presentation, are:
- Staying up-to-date with new features
- Scripting DB creation (and some more) with PowerShell
- More restoring
- Geo-replication and failover groups
- Exporting and recovery
- Deleting databases and servers
- Using Azure Active Directory for authentication
- Checking firewall rules
- Configuring permissions using RBAC
- Auditing and threat detection
- Automating management
My talk is scheduled for 3:30 PM, the last talk of the day. I shall endeavor to keep it lively, entertaining and energetic!